Saturday, July 20, 2013

Why Buy It When You Can Build It?

Measure twice cut once.

 Why buy it when you can build it? 

That is my Dad's Motto for life! 
So we started this gate project on July 4 and due to all of this rain didn't put the gate up until the 18.
It still has a few tweaks to go but it's pretty awesome for being the first and only gate we've ever done!
We built it all from scratch! 
So of course while I was running around holding this piece of metal or moving some sort of power tool away from the blow torch's flame I got to take a few pictures of the Gate in progress.

We built the gate in the shop which is basically one giant toy box for guys. 
As you can see, motorcycles all taken apart a dirt bike with a barrel plug from a C-130 Hercules Gunship in the exhaust (I had to ask where that came from) and all of the tools necessary to build a fine iron gate.
I hope you enjoy the pictures! 
My dad, Colton and Chase are the ones you see doing all of the intense stuff.

Remember next time you want to go out and buy something it can be more thrilling to build it yourself!

xoxo
Piper Arielle

Photos by me




No comments:

Post a Comment